Home & Content Insurance
There are so many things to consider when owning a home and your insurance is one of them. You may need to look at whether you’re in a flood risk or high burglary area, both of which will have an impact on how much you pay and what is covered.
Choosing a Home Insurance policy
You need to make sure you choose the policy that is right for you and not just what friends or family may have.
Things to consider
- Rebuild cost – this is what it would cost to rebuild your home in today’s market.
- The value of your contents – think about how much it would actually cost to replace every item in your home should the very worst happen.
- Specific item costs – do you have expensive jewellery, electrical goods or musical instruments that should be covered separately.
- Away from home – do you want to cover personal goods when you are not at home.
- Freezer, garage, shed – what about the contents in here?
Investing money needs careful consideration and you need to be absolutely sure of the risks involved. This section provides generic information on different types of saving & investment. You should seek advice appropriate to your specific circumstances prior to making any decisions.
A mortgage is likely to be the single largest financial commitment you ever make. There’s a wide range of mortgage products out there, with varying interest rates and repayment options available.
It’s important to plan ahead for your retirement. Here, we explain why pension planning is so important, and describe some of the options available to you. This information is intended only as guidance. For advice on your specific circumstances, please get in touch.
It’s important to ensure you put the right insurance in place to protect your home, it’s contents and your overall financial security.
Life and Protection Insurance policies can protect you and your family from the financial consequences of death, a serious accident or illness, or unemployment.