Home & Content Insurance
There are so many things to consider when owning a home and your insurance is one of them. You may need to look at whether you’re in a flood risk or high burglary area, both of which will have an impact on how much you pay and what is covered.
Choosing a Home Insurance policy
You need to make sure you choose the policy that is right for you and not just what friends or family may have.
Things to consider
- Rebuild cost – this is what it would cost to rebuild your home in today’s market.
- The value of your contents – think about how much it would actually cost to replace every item in your home should the very worst happen.
- Specific item costs – do you have expensive jewellery, electrical goods or musical instruments that should be covered separately.
- Away from home – do you want to cover personal goods when you are not at home.
- Freezer, garage, shed – what about the contents in here?